Solar Smart works directly with landowners to construct the “next generation” of clean energy solar gardens that lower electricity costs, are environmentally friendly and contribute to the reduction of carbon emissions.
- Property Consists of 6+ usable acres.
- Land should be predominantly free of wetlands or habitat issues.
- Property is shade free, fairly level and (ideally but not necessary) consist of fields.
- Owner interested in a 20-year lease at a premium rate.
Benefits of Leasing Land
How The Process Works
What You Can Expect
1. Letter of Intent (LOI): Once the signed Letter of Intent is received Solar Smart will do a desktop review of the property.
2. Site Assessment: Solar Smart initiates a complete site analysis including review of power, topography, habitat, etc.
3. LeaseAgreement Upon satisfactory site review, Solar Smart will present property partner with a written offer to lease the property. Upon acceptance of the agreement, the project will move to the Permitting phase.:
4. Utility/Building Permit: Solar Smart applies for Utility interconnection and submits plans to the local review board. Once project is approved and before construction begins owners execute the lease agreement and receive the first lease payment.
5. Construction: Solar system is constructed which normally takes about 3-4 months.
6. Commissioning: System has been completed and activated by Utility.
Landowners can expect the rent paid by the solar farm to far exceed the revenue from agricultural or dormant land. From the Landowners perspective this is hands-free money for several decades.